Come to Fort Worden on June 15, 2019 to celebrate the iconic species of the Salish Sea, Orca & Salmon!
The 3rd annual Port Townsend Orca & Salmon Festival takes place from 11am-3pm at the Port Townsend Marine Science Center, where we will officially kick off Summer with an orca and salmon-focused Beach Party!
Free Admission to the Port Townsend Marine Science Center, underwritten by Puget Sound Express.
- 11:00 – Opening ceremony with S’Klallam singers and drummers
- 11:30 – 3:00 – DJ Captain Peacock
- 11:00 – 3:00 – Sea Level Rise – Community Art Project with Local 2020
- 11:00 – 3:00 – Salmon hat making with North Olympic Salmon Coalition
- 11:00 – 3:00 – Fin the Salmon on display – kids educational exhibit
- 11:00 – 5:00 – Free admission Marine Science Center
– – -Tide Pool Touch Tanks and Aquarium on the Pier
– – -Learning from Orcas Exhibit in Museum
- 12:00, 1:00 & 2:00 – Tours of Hope, one of the few fully-articulated orca skeletons visible in the world (pictured above)
- 2:00 – Free Ice Cream Sandwiches provided by Jefferson Healthcare
FOOD! The Canteen beachside restaurant and grocery will be open from 9AM – 7PM.
Event partners: The Port Townsend Marine Science Center, North Olympic Salmon Coalition, The PTHS Maritime Discovery Initiative, Puget Sound Express, Swan School, Sunfield School, SR3, the Jefferson County YMCA & The Production Alliance.
Learn more about the event and our partners at http://ptorcafest.com